MOV and MP4 QuickTime video files recorded using cameras and other devices are widely used for better viewing experience. They provide great sound with high picture quality. But these files may prone to corruption under some unavoidable situations. The corruption in the QuickTime MOV and MP4 files makes the video unplayable or inaccessible.
Due to corruption sometimes your QuickTime videos downloaded from internet freezes or it may not open. At such instances, it is advisable to repair the files using reliable repair tool. Remo Repair MOV is one such tool and it has highly advanced repair mechanism which fixes the MOV file with high level of corruption.
Using Remo Repair MOV tool to repair the video file is highly secured as it is read only software which does not harm your original file. Additionally, Video files recorded using various devices like Smartphones, Camcorders, iPhones or different types of cameras can be repaired easily by consuming very less time
How does the Remo Repair works?
The process of Remo Repair involves
- Separating the audio and video streams of MOV and MP4 video files
- Evaluating the streams for bugs
- Once the problem is detected, it fixes them and adjoins the streams
- creates the healthy new playable video file
This repair tool is compatible to use with both Windows and Mac operating systems. The interface has been designed in more interactive and user friendly manner. It supports audio file codecs like sowt, RAW, mp4a and video file codec like avc1, mp4v, mjpeg.
Various brands of cameras and camcorders supported by Remo Repair MOV are Canon, Kodak, GoPro, Minolta, Olympus and Samsung etc. Additionally it can also fix corrupt GoPro files, iPhone videos and the MP4 / MOV files created on Smartphones or any other devices.
To know more about Remo Repair MOV, click on the following link www.remosoftware.com/fix-corrupt-quick-time-file
Notable features of Remo Repair MOV
- “Preview” option can be used to assess the repaired video files
- Fixes QuickTime video files corrupted due to human or system errors
- It can even handle audio video sync issues
- Can be used in various versions of Windows operating system like Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 server or Windows 2008, 2012 server
- In Mac OS it supports Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (64-bit), Lion 10.7 (64-bit), Mountain Lion 10.8 (64-bit), Mavericks 10.9 (64-bit) and Yosemite 10.10 (64 bit)
Causes for QuickTime video file corruption
It is equally important to know the reasons for QuickTime video file corruption. As a result of corruption, you may face audio video sync issues in your MOV files or the video may get struck in the middle while playing. MOV and MP4 video file may get corrupted due to software failure or human errors. Some of them are
- Abrupt termination of QuickTime player – The video file may get damaged if the QuickTime player is mishandled or terminated suddenly while playing the video
- MOV header corruption – The header of the MOV file contains essential data like file name, size and creation date. Corruption in the header damages the entire video
- Changing the file format – There is a misconception that by changing the format of the corrupted video file, it becomes playable. This makes the situation even worse and corrupts the original file
- Using unsupported player – Playing the videos using incompatible video players causes corruption to the file
- Wrong compression methods – Using unreliable compression tools and techniques to compress or resize damages the files
Things to remember to avoid QuickTime file corruption
- Avoid abruptly ejecting the external storage devices while transferring the video files and use safe removal of hardware option
- Have regular backup of important video file to avoid data loss situations
- Do not use unreliable software to convert the file format