Yesterday I connected my SD card to Mac computer via card reader for transferring files but when I tried to access the SD card I got an unexpected error message like “your device needs to be formatted, do you want to format it now?” This message did not allow me to continue further even after repeated attempts. Thus, I formatted it for further usage. Hence, I lost crucial information from it. Please anyone suggest me how to get them back as they were before.
Does above mentioned situation resemble your scenario? If yes, then it must be an unbearable moment when you lose vital data. In such cases, vital backup will save you from permanent data loss. However, if you do not have backup means you cannot find any system provided software to bring back lost data. But in this severe situation, no need to panic, you can employ retrieval software. The market offers various data recovery utilities, but when it comes to recover formatted SD card on Mac, Remo Recover is the excellent application in the world. This multifunctional tool is designed with an extreme algorithm which can get back formatted SD card on Mac OS X, Lion, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, etc.
List of scenarios behind SD card formatting:
- Due to file system changing file system: File system controls the vital info about storage of file. Repeated change in file system of SD card can make you to format it. Thus, it ends up with huge data loss.
- Sudden ejection of SD card: SD card gets damaged due to frequently ejecting it from digital camera or using it on many digital cameras and removing it without following a message “Safe to remove hardware”. In such cases, to use this device further you can format it.
- In order to make best usage of SD card storage space, user might format it. In such cases, if you do not have backup of data from formatted SD card then data is loss is certain.
- SD card gets severely damaged due to using it on many digital cameras. Thus, making all files stored on it becomes inaccessible resulting in loss of files.
- Other factors like interrupted file transfer process, virus contagion, logical errors, etc. may lead to format the SD card.
It can recover all types of data such as videos, audio, Zip archives, APK files, documents and other files from formatted SD card. It thoroughly scans every sector of formatted SD card and recovers vital files. Excluding formatted SD card, it restores MMC, CF, XD and SDHC cards of different manufacturing brands like HP, SanDisk, Transcend, Kingston, LaCie, Sony, etc. It provides a preview feature to see the restores data and save it on any desired location. Additionally, it is supported by other devices like USB drives, FireWire drives, FireWire drives, external hard disks, etc. In fact, it can easily retrieve formatted SD card on Mac based laptops like MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, iMac and MacBook Air.
Its advanced feature helps you to edit or add file formats which are absent in file signatures list. SD cards used in digital cameras like Canon, Nikon, Kodak and Minolta are supported by this famed tool. You can reduce the time of search and save the recovery session if you need to recover files again. After formatting SD card, stop using it to prevent overwriting of files. This in turn helps you to perform formatted SD card recovery on Mac. It can compress restored files when user does not have memory space in their SD card and other storage devices.